why choose a lutheran school?
The Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod (headquarters in Missouri) operates the largest, single-denomination, non-Catholic, private Christian school system in the United States with over 2,000 schools currently. Here are some reasons you should send your child to a Lutheran elementary school. Lutheran schools:
- are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and their families.
- meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children, including a commitment to learning, positive values, social competencies, constructive use of time, boundaries and expectations, and support.
- have educators who model visionary leadership: they build up others and empathize with others.
- have educators who model servant leadership.
- have educators who model spiritual leadership: they study God's Word, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God's people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
Our teachers and staff believe strongly in shepherding your child’s heart towards a loving relationship with Jesus and with others. While learning respectful behavior is a high priority at St. Paul, our educators guide our students toward a heart attitude that is an overflow of the grace shown to us by God. Through the process of education and faith, it is our intent to bring our students into a loving relationship with our Savior, a sharing relationship with peers, and a caring relationship with the community and world. Our students are truly dazzled with the love of Jesus at St. Paul School!